About Steve Hart
Hart is a writer, editor and wordsmith. He is also a sailor, angler,
explorer, raconteur, triathlete, environmental activist, amateur
citrus-grower and semi-professional theologian who worked as a Florida
journalist and pundit for over 25 years.
His experience in marketing, advertising, public relations & political consulting dates back to the early 1970s. In the early 1980s, during a sabbatical from newspaper writing, he co-founded Destin Advertising & Graphics in Florida’s Panhandle. He has been a consultant to and worked for elected officials on the local, state and federal levels. He has assisted many organizations and entire communities with public relations and marketing.
His interest and participation in social media stems from its earliest days.
A fifth-generation Floridian, Hart comes from solid cracker stock but revels in the changing face of 21st century Florida and its patchwork quilt of people; their cultures, traditions, shades and ideas. His book, “Tales from Down Yonder, Florida,” is available in Naples bookstores and on the Web at http://stevehartflorida.com/. The Blog from Down Yonder, Florida can be found at the same web address, on Facebook and in tweets from @DownYonderFLA.
Recent entries by Steve Hart
- "Tweet" now included in the Oxford English Dictionary.
- The massive amount of data pulsing through the social media channels
- Online privacy is oxymoron of the year...decade.
- Welcome to #HashFace.
- Look deep into my eyes...when I snap my fingers you will cluck like a chicken!!
- Oh, how we love to mangle words in the social spaces.
- Through the haze: Google to buy Waze. Maybe. Hell, who knows?
- Websites from the 90s just won't work well in the teens.
- GooglePlus No. 2; Vine for Android and hammerin' away at the Facebook.
- MIT professor says he can predict the level of your ReTweets.